Dear #HudsonValleyCanCode friends!
I would like to celebrate Three Years of our initiative.
It all started in December 2016 when a group of coding enthusiasts met at the Newburgh Armory and decided to create a series of meetups, introductory and advanced classes on a variety of coding topics.
The first series followed in January 2017 – Object Oriented Programming using Java.
Since that time enthusiasts and participants from three states – New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut enjoyed our events. New York State was represented by 7 Counties: Orange, Dutchess, Westchester, Sullivan, Columbia, Greene, Ulster as well as New York City.
Meetups and classes covered topics for beginners and advanced coders:
- Python series for beginners
- Open Data / Big Data
- Digital Ocean and public clouds
- Introduction to PHP
- UI/UX for developers
- Mobile App development for iOS and Android
- Information Architecture for website developers
- Web Development
- Web Design
- Object Oriented Programming with Java
- Job Search for developers and IT professionals
- Security for WebApp development
- SEO – search engine optimization
- Scratch and Python for #GirslWhoCode in Newburgh
I want to thank Open Hub for driving the initiative, the mentors who contributed their knowledge to the classes, and 500 community members for support, bringing new ideas, and stepping up to mentor new classes and events.
Congratulations and thank you!
Solutions Architect, GE Healthcare Digital